Thai Tomyum Gung (Shrimp) / Gai (Chicken)Posted at October 10, 2015 by admin on category Cooking
Categories: Thai, Chicken, Shellfish
Yield: 1 servings
- 2 -to
- 3 Stalks of lemon grass
- 2 -to
- 2 lb Tiger shrimps, -OR- boneless chicken meat
- 3 sm Red/green chili peppers
- 1 cn Straw mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tb Thai chili paste *
- 6 Lime leaves (kaffir) Cilantro/parsley
- Lemon juice & fish sauce
* with soya beans oil (dark redish-brown color), which comes in a jar that can be bought at any Thai grocery
Boil some water (half of the pot) in a 1.5qt sauce pan. Put in lemon grass, and the chili paste. Put in the shrimps and the mushrooms. Let it boil for 10 minutes. Put in the “lime” leaves and sliced chili peppers (1 min). It’s done!!
Now you can mix it in a serving bowl with some lemon juice and fish sauce. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with Thai Jasmine rice.