Pad Thai 3Posted at October 13, 2015 by admin on category Noodles
- 1/3 lb Flat rice stick noodles – (banh pho), 1/4 ” wide
- 1 tb Sugar
- 1/4 c Chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/4 c Peanut oil
- 1/4 ts Ground dry shrimp
- 1/4 lb Pork- cut into matchstick strips
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 ts Asian chili powder- (to taste)
- 6 Shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 ts Crushed garlic
- 1 c Bean sprouts- washed & drained
- 1 Egg
- 2 tb Water 1/4 c Scallions, cut 3/4″ long
- 2 tb Rice vinegar Fresh coriander
- 1 tb Fish sauce Wedges of fresh lime
Soak noodles in warm water for 60 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Prepare all other ingredients and arrange near the wok. You will need to
In the wok, fry the pork in the peanut oil at medium heat. When half
cooked, add the shrimps and garlic and stir. Cook until shrimp and pork
Beat the egg and add it to the mixture. Cook, stirring, for about half a
Turn the heat to high. Add the drained noodles to shrimp mixture. Add
water, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, shrimp powder, and most of the peanuts.
Sprinkle in white pepper and chili powder. Toss to combine. Let it cook on
one side (Don’t stir; keep checking the underside as if it were a big
pancake). Flip it over as best you can and repeat until nearly cooked,
about 5 to 10 minutes.
Add most of the sprouts and scallions. Stir and cook for another minute.
Turn onto a plate. Top with the rest of the sprouts, scallions, and
peanuts. Garnish with coriander and serve with a wedge of fresh lemon.