Kwetiau Pad ThaiPosted at October 13, 2015 by admin on category Recipes
Categories: Thai, Shellfish
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 c Peanut or corn oil
- 1 oz Raw prawns, shelled
- 4 oz Firm bean curd (tofu); diced
- 3 tb Preserved sweet white radish– chopped
- 1/4 c Chicken stock
- 3 tb Dried shrimps, chopped
- 3 tb Sliced shallots
- 1/3 c Unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 4 Eggs 4 Spring onions; sliced
- 11 oz Rice or cellophane noodles – (sen kel or woon sen),- soaked in cold water- for 7-10 minutes, if dried
- 15 oz Bean sprouts
- 1 c Water
- 1/3 c Palm sugar
- 1/2 c Tamarind juice
- 1 tb White soya sauce
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a pan and boil until reduced to
about 2/3 cup. Set aside to cool.
Heat the oil in a wok or pan until very hot, then add the prawns and bean
curd and stir-fry lightly for 1 minute. Add the preserved radish and
shallot, fry for 1 minute, and break in the eggs. Stir-fry for a minute,
then add the noodles and chicken stock. When the noodles are soft (about 2
minutes), add the dried shrimps, peanuts, spring onions and bean sprouts.
Add the sauce, fry for a couple of minutes and serve.
Serve accompanied by chopped peanuts, chopped dry chillies, sugar, lime
wedges, spring onions, and fresh bean sprouts, all in small containers.